“People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it.” – Simon Sinek
What you do is important, but why you do it? That’s the story you should be sharing with the world. It’s also the story that will generate the results you’re looking for when it comes to business.
Congratulations on being published to HER magazine.
So, now what? Getting published is always exhilarating, and while our staff does its best to help promote your content – there’s one key factor in reaching your target audience.
Ever notice how some stories have thousands of shares or page views and others, on reputable news sites don’t seem to have any at all? It comes down to one person: the author.
- Want new customers?
- Want for people to see you as an expert in your field?
- Want to attract potential talent to your company or visa versa?
Then you’ll need a strategic plan to making sure people are seeing your article.
Here are 10 ways to get you started, and strategies we recommend you implement once you’ve been published here.
- Social Media loves stories – and so do the people on it! This is the perfect way to share your article. You can tag us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook – this ensures that we see it, and help you spread your message and get our staff engaged with your content.
- Create a calendar where you re-share your articles. Don’t just tell people about it the day it’s published. Not everyone will see it, which means it’s an opportunity to create ‘social media snippets’ for sharing over and over again using platforms like Buffer, Meet Edgar or CoSchedule.
- Do add HER magazine’s logo to your ‘as seen on’ section of your website. Email us at email@example.com for a high resolution image or use the one attached at the top of this article.
- Add the link to your latest story in your email signature! Your email signature is prime real estate – use it wisely.
- Share your new article with your email list, associates and colleagues. It’s a great way to stay in touch, and add value to prospects or professional contacts you don’t talk to everyday. Don’t underestimate the value of colleagues or contacts seeing your byline on an article.
- Make sure to share the article with your personal network. Ask them for feedback (engage them) , and even tell them how they influenced some of your articles. Then invite them to share your article with their networks.
- Use your published post as a way to create new content for your company blog, and then link back to the original article.
- VIDEO! Create a short video talking about the tips you shared in your latest article, and share the link for them so they can read it in its entirety.
- Create a quotable. Create a simple but professional image with one of your quotes from your article to get people’s attention.
- Boost your article with a paid promotion if you want to reach more people. From Facebook ads, to Taboola, Outbrain and promoted tweets, there are a lot of ways you can invest further in making sure the article reaches your intended audience.
We are passionate about the success of all our contributors. Everyone receives an email from a dedicated editorial manager with quotable images and memes attached. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org